Translate

Sunday 1 January 2017

January WIPocalypse Introduction

WIPocalypse
WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings

Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.  Measi always gives us a topic to discuss too.

January - Introduce yourself, your projects, and any goals you have for the year!

Each year since 2011 I have chosen a number of projects to focus on that year, starting with my "11 in '11" and increasing to "17 in '17" for this year.  For 2017 the list includes a number of SAL pieces which will be stitched each month for various SALs, some WIPs I really want to see finished and two BAP long-term projects I treated myself to last year for my Big Birthday.  Here is the full 17:


  1. Chatelaine Designs - Gardens of London
  2. Lyndisfarne - Discworld Map
  3. Imaginating - Hallowe'en
  4. Oberlin - Witch
  5. Joan Elliott - 12 Days of Christmas
  6. Brooke's Books - Stitcher's Alphabet
  7. Lavender & Lace - Enchanted Alphabet 
  8. Nora Corbett - Letter M Fairy
  9. Teresa Wentzler - Byzantine Ornaments x 3
  10. Jannlynn - Gathering Honey
  11. Kustom Krafts - Snap Dragon
  12. Dragon Dreams - Dragon of the Winter Moon
  13. Joan Elliott - Mermaid
  14. Drawn Thread - Spots of Seasons x 3
  15. The Workbasket - Fox Forest
  16. Just Nan - Spring in the Square
  17. Dam Good Crafts - Dracula Book Cover


I have been totally focused on project number 5 from that list for the Stitch Maynia 12 Days SAL which started on 25th December.  Here is the 8th Day's progress:



Each day I start a new block and stitch one length of thread there and then stitch one length of thread on each of the previous days' blocks.  You can see that Day 1 and Day 2 are building quite nicely now.

After I have stitched each of the daily blocks I focus on the Angel at the top:



She is a finish!  Kind of, I haven't attached the beads or stitched the metallic around the border.  My next immediate goal is to focus on the Partridge in the Pear Tree for January's post on the Christmas Ornie SAL Blog.  The Angel is for December's theme, only one day late!

I started another SAL today; this one is for the Ten-a-Day group, also on FB.  The idea is that you chose a design of roughly 3,600 stitches (60 x 60) and stitch a mere ten stitches each day to finish it within the year.

Clare had chosen Just Nan's Spring in the Square which I had in my stash so I decided to follow her lead.  Here are my first ten stitches:

stitched on 32 count Light Mocha linen.

I had to search for the group on FB this morning to post my progress and unfortunately the logics behind the internet decided that meant I wanted to see Tena adverts all day!  Thank you very much to the person who named this SAL with such humour.  When you are watching FlossTube you really don't want to keep seeing the Tena Man advert every new video!

Measi has made one change to WIPocalypse this year.  Instead of following the moon cycles, we will now post on the last Sunday of every month.  She is still doing the Discussion Topics which I am very pleased about.  I love a chance to chat and to find out more about my fellow bloggers too.

Finally, I will be continuing with the ever popular Blog Hops this year.  We will have Valentine's, Easter, the return of the Summer Postcard, Hallowe'en and the Advent Calendar.  All at the appropriate time of the year.  I will be posting about the Secret Stitching Sweethearts for Valentine's Day very soon so watch this space.



Eacg

33 comments:

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Happy New Year!
A good plan for the entire year!
I look forward to its implementation!

Julie said...

17 nice projects to watch grow over the coming months. Your finished angel does look effective.
Wishing you a very Happy new year filled with good health and lots of fun and happy times. xx

Desiree Ehleiter said...

I look forward to continuing to follow your progress on all your projects during 2017! Happy New Year!

Karyn said...

Great post and plan, Jo...I can't wait to follow along. You are a WIPocalypse Legacy :)
I love all 17 designs, and your Angel finish is beautiful!
Have a great New Years
Hugs

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Very ambitious plan--good luck!

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Happy New Year Jo.
I am looking forward to seeing your progress on your chosen projects.

Bea said...

Looks like a good plan. That Ten-A-Day sounds like fun and will be fun to watch.

Beth in IL said...

Love your plans Jo. Look forward to seeing your progress and your blog hops!

Linda said...

12 Days looks great Jo. I thought about that Ten-a-day SAL but that would drive me crazy. Love you list this year.

Linda

Barb said...

It will be fun to watch all your progress this year. The angel is so beautiful.

diamondc said...

Jo: All your choices are wonderful, I look forward to seeing how you are progressing.

Blessings
Catherine

DJ said...

Well, I pulled up my bootstraps and hunted down some supplies and some old WIPs and decided to give the WIPocalypse a go. I wish everyone luck with accomplishing their goals this year! And, I may even try a blog hop...how's that for adventuresome? I'm looking forward to watching your WIPs grow! *Hugs*

Kaisievic said...

Wonderful list, Jo, and when you check out mine you will see a few similarities, of course. Thanks for inspiring me to take this challenge up this year. hugs, Kaye

Pamela said...

Looks like a great plan! Ilook forward to seeing your progress.

Justine said...

Phew! Some mega shoehorning is planned I think! Looking forward to seeing some of these, especially your gorgeous Chatelaine.

♥ Nia said...

Happy 2017 my sweet friend!! :D
Huge hug!! Nia.

Christine said...

Bwa ha ha! I knew the Tena thing would come back to haunt you.
Great choices for your 17 projects

Katie said...

Great plans! I will enjoy cheering you along. I had to look up Tena Man to see what it was. LOL Thanks for sharing your advertisements.

Sheryl said...

A lot of interesting stitching projects Jo. Happy New Year.

Stitching Noni said...

Great plans for 2017! Looking forward to seeing all the WIPs become finishes :o)
Happy New Year!
Hugs xx

Mini said...

Happy New Year. Interesting mix of projects on your list.

Shebafudge said...

I love the projects you have for 17 in 17, especially the first one.

I like the Ten a day challenge too and the adverts it generates...lol xx

jocondine said...

Impressive list, perfect to give me faith for my own projects. I was looking for a way to say our -feed big ambitions?- it says "dream big", I prefer "stitch big". xxx

Sue said...

Lovely angel. What a great idea "Ten A Day" is. I think I may have to borrow that and maybe sneak in another project on my WIPocalypse rotation.

Astrids dragon said...

I wish I could really be organized (I'm trying) enough and figure out what I want to accomplish this year. I just tend to go with the flow and see what happens!
Yeah, more hops!

Leonore Winterer said...

You have some great plans for the year - a nice mix of ongoing projects and new starts too! And some great progress on 12 days already.

Heather said...

Great post good luck!

Brigitte said...

Your list is very impressive and there are some real big ones on it. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on all these projects.
Your 12 Days are progressing beautifully and the angel is already finished.
I had already read about the Ten-a-Day group on another blog. Seems to be a very popular strategy but you really have to be disciplined enough to put the project down after ten stitches. That's why I could never join in, lol.

Cathy said...

Happy New Year! You've got some great stitching projects going. Looking forward to see your progress as the year moves along.

Kerryp77 said...

The Angel looks lovely Jo, good luck with your plan... You may have possibly inspired my decision to do 17 this year!

gominam said...

What a list! The last one looks very interesting. Cheering you on with your 17 in '17!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Great list of goals for 2017! Lovely stitching too. The angel is so pretty!

The Crafty Princess said...

I think any plan is a good plan. However, your plan sounds very workable. And knowing you it will be stuck to. Unlike some of your friends, names not mentioned LOL! You have a lovely variety to look forward to stitching. Looking forward to cheering you on
xo Alicia