Translate

Friday 12 June 2015

I Believe I Can Fly/Finish


Yes, we have another finish for you all!  Joan Elliott's Believe, one of a series of four affirmations with the others being Hope, Dream and Imagine.

I stitched this one on 28 count opalescent Robin's Egg evenweave by Silkweaver.  I have enough fabric to stitch all four.  I only have about six packets of Magnifica beads but by happy chance I had the one colour the chart needed!



This is going to be an end-of-term gift for the Small Boy's class teacher and TAs.  Because there are a mixture of girls and boys in the class I changed one fairy into a boy fairy.


Tuesday was Satsuma Street SAL Day so I continued on Pretty Mini London:

stitched on 28 count black evenweave

Sorry Linda, I stitched loads!!  The light pink infill on the Eye, the lilac skyscrapers, the grey arches and the mauve of St. Paul's Cathredral.

Linda and I were discussing how many companies are now doing these City themed designs, they are definitely "On Trend" as the magazines put it!  Then I saw the launch of a new website for the town where I live, and look at their logo:

Wouldn't that make a perfect Satsuma style cross stitch?  Even the colours tone.


I was in the mood for beading so on Wednesday I started the little Mill Hill sampler Rosey sent me:

Frosted Heather Rose
stitched on 28 count evenweave

Unfortunately I forgot that the Small Boy was off school on Thursday and he does not mix well with beads!  So for Thursday I thought I'd make a start on June's ornie for the Hallowe'en Ornie SAL.  Despite choosing the themes myself I always forget what they are so I popped over to the blog and saw those dread words "free choice".   Nooooooo, how can I possibly chose from all my Hallowe'en charts and magazines?

I decided to choose one magazine and stitch my favourite design.  I picked the oldest issue of JCS I have as a hard copy (couldn't get on the PC because of the aforementioned Small Boy) and chose a Blue Ribbon Design, Boo Mansion:

Stitched on 32 count Twilight Blue linen

Finally, my Summer Postcard Blog hop again!  The theme this year is Pets.  All you need to do is email me a photo of something you have stitched on this theme plus a little message about what pets mean to you.  Once I have a few I will start emailing them to the participants who will display them on their blogs.  The Blog Hop lasts all Summer so don't worry if you don't have anything suitable stitched yet.  I'm going to be finding some freebies online to inspire you.  Today's choice is fish, goldfish and tropical fish:






34 comments:

Justine said...

I love the Believe one - how serendipitous to have the right colour beads! The fabric is gorgeous. The Satsuma city is coming along very nicely. It looks as if you live in a lovely part of the country!

Pull the other thread said...

Great finish on Believe and lots of fantastic stitching on your other pieces.

Miamina said...

Lovely finish, I stitched the "Hope" one a few years ago for a friend and it was lovely to stitch. It was so hard to part with. The others are going to be lovely when finished!

jocondine said...

As I'll be back in office on monday, must say that the better side of this injury was to follow updating almost "live". That was the best medecine I took! Back to your stitching... Believe is really so great, colors, beads, fairies, all elegant and charming. xxx

Mii Stitch said...

Congrats on your finish & beautiful progress on your WIP.

Heather said...

Great finish :)

Kate said...

Jo, I love your 'Believe'!

Anonymous said...

oh, Jo! congratulations on the finish! it's Joan Elliott, no wonder I like it, and your beading is beautiful. and I love that lil' boy fairy!
isn't it the greatest feeling when you get lucky with your stash like that? I always feel like it's meant to be, like that time with the Chubby Taras magazine that I managed to buy from an online shop mere minutes after following your Blog Hop. :)
I'm trying NOT to get that Satsuma issue because I already bought a few last month, but it might be impossible to resist.. those colours are.. FANTASTIC!
good for you that you had something physical in your stash while the kid took over the digital files database ;) must have a backup plan at all times! <3

Katie said...

Beautiful finish! Love how you changed the one fairy. Perfect. Love your new starts.

KimM said...

What a beautiful piece - Love the "Believe" - so pretty. And what great progress not he others. Well done!!
xxx

Leonore Winterer said...

Believe looks awesome, I love the beads. Great new starts as well :D

Vickie said...

Ack! You chose these titles to make me sing these old songs, don't you, you rascal!!
Love your Believe! Gorgeous.
Poodles seem to be on trend in the UK also. Yippee!

sunny said...

Absolutely love the BELIEVE with fairies!

Jacqueline Morris said...

Lovely lovely and ooooh lovely!! Yes once more..... Lovely stitching :). Oooh and beading... Looks like a lot of fun :)
I am failing epically with my Halloween ornament :(
Smiles :)

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Lovely progress, Jo! I always enjoy seeing what you've been up to. Have a great weekend.

Mini said...

Congrats on a beautiful finish. Love the beads.

Barb said...

Believe is absolutely beautiful! All your pieces are nice. Great job on them. Your needle must be smoking!

Bea said...

"Believe" is absolutely lovely - hooray for the finish! You're going great guns with mini London and another terrific Halloween pattern. How am I supposed to keep my "bah humbug" attitude toward Halloween with all the great patterns you show??? lol

Barb said...

Believe is so pretty. I am sure the teacher will love it! Looking forward to seeing the progress of the Halloween design.

gominam said...

Beautiful finish on Believe, esp. the closeup shot really did justice to the details. Lovely progress too on your WIPs. Have a wonderful weekend:)

Linda said...

Congrats on the gorgeous finish Jo. Love your new starts. Awesome progress on London.

Linda

Preeti said...

Congrats on the gorgeous finish!! :) your mini London looks cute!!
You are so nice to start the gift you got from Rosey. It is wonderful for the person to see that their chart is being used. I have got many such to start including yours too but I get lost in the pool of already started projects and these days I am not able to stitch much or not more than two at a time.

Blu said...

Believe looks wonderful! Your WIPs look really great too.

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

I love your finish on Believe, it's such a beautiful design! How awesome does that Satsuma Street design look on black?! I'm finding them harder to resist I must say!

gracie said...

Love the stitching....

Christine said...

Great finish Jo, and wonderful progress on your city. On a related note when did the expression change from "in trend" or "trendy" to "on trend"? I don't remember ever seeing the expression on trend before maybe about 5 years ago, but now it seems to have taken over.

Julie said...

Believe is gorgeous, a truly wonderful gift that will make.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Great Halloween start, and congrats on the finish! The colors are so lovely :D

Kaisievic said...

Lovely finish and Jo, I am sure that I can see some pattern making in your future - you could so easily design your city's logo into a cross stitch pattern.

Steph said...

Oh my goodness! Believe is so beautiful! XOX

Lili said...

"Believe" is so pretty, love the beads around! Mini London have such pretty colours!!
Lovely stitching!!

Brigitte said...

Oh my, this is so sweet. I love the little fairies on this piece, they are so delicate.

Unknown said...

lovely finish the little fairies are so cute :)

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Lovely stitching and am awesome finish I love Joan Elliott 's designs