Translate

Thursday 31 July 2014

July Just Nan SAL and Theme-a-licious Update

Just Nan SAL
Just Nan SAL is hosted by Zeb of Keep Calm and Cross Stitch

I only stitched one small JN design this month, the Moon Rider for the Hallowe'en Blog SAL.  Here it is again:

Stitched on 32 count lavender evenweave

******************************************************************

Theme-a-licious is hosted by Heather of It's Geek to Me

Each month Heather thinks up a theme for us to stitch to, or in my case, a theme to somehow shoe-horn my existing stitching into, no matter how tenuous the link!

Jubilee July
It's time to celebrate! What are you celebrating this year? Stitch on your holiday-related projects, OR find some WIPs you know you'll never finish and set them free.

The first celebration was the end of term for my sons.  I stitched a Teresa Wentzler freebie for the older boy's teacher:

Design information on this post

I also continued on Spooky Countdown (which is counting down to Hallowe'en, a great holiday!) and Noel Blanc (for Christmas, another great celebration).

Primitive Hare - Spooky Countdown

A Mon Ami Pierre - Noel Blanc

I have returned to the left hand side of the design for the final stretch.  This will be a square border with an over 1 design in the middle.  Then we have the word "Decembre" underneath, a large "BLANC" in the middle and a final snowflake on the right hand side.

This next one is really a celebration of one particular designer; Joan Elliott.  It's a FB exclusive SAL.  One face released per month.  Here is my continuing progress on Guardian Angel:

Stitched on 28count Snapdragon evenweave from Crafty Kitten.

I used the dark brown hair conversion supplied by Joan, stitched her face over one and used one strand for the wings so there is a transluscent effect with the pink of the fabric showing through.  I started the backstitch this evening and will continue with the metallics then the beads.  I think I will bead as I go for this design.

Finally, the Summer Postcard Blog is well underway.  If you have signed up and not sent your photo to me yet, I will do a little reminder soon.  Here are the links to the postcards sent so far.  Why not hop over and say Hello:

First postcard from Marcy goes to Gracie at Needles, Pins and Dragonflies
Second postcard from Krista goes to Jocondine at Jocondine
Third postcard from Michelle goes to Sharon at Shebafudge
Fourth postcard from Mouse goes to Vickie at A Stitcher's Story
Fifth postcard from Christine goes to Marcy at Stitching Plus
Sixth postcard from Astrid goes to Krista at Just Stitching Along



11 comments:

Justine said...

Gorgeous stitching! I think you fitted in well with the theme this month. The over one stitching on your fairy's face is really good, did you chart it yourself as you planned?

Bianca said...

The JE SAL is coming along beautifully!

Tiffany said...

very nice stitching

Thoeria said...

Great stitching all round Jo! Your JE is lovely!

diamondc said...

Lovely stitching.

Blessings
Catherine

geeky Heather said...

Oh, the Joan Elliott piece is looking awesome! I don't know what the original hair looked like, but I live the conversion. And the over-one skin looks great!!

Julie said...

The Joan Elliott is looking wonderful. Noel brings a smile to my face as always.

Susan said...

Everything looks great. I especially like the JE SAL. Your fabric is perfect!

Kaisievic said...

Gorgeous stitching, as always!

Linda said...

Beautiful stitching on all your projects Jo.

Linda

SoCal Debbie said...

You thought of more celebrations besides just Christmas and Halloween! All your projects are so beautiful, and especially the Joan Elliott SAL!