Translate

Friday 8 November 2013

Trick or Treat Winners

A Big Thank You to everyone who joined in with the Hallowe'en Trick or Treat Blog Hop this year, whether you were a Picture Poster or a Mystery Phrase Finder.  The Mystery Phrase was chosen by the Large Boy.  He wanted his tea to feature but I pointed out that Shakespeare used Toe of Frog not Leg of Frog which was his suggestion!  So the Phrase was -

EYE OF NEWT AND TOE OF FROG

Congratulations to everyone who got it right.  All the names were allocated playing cards and we chose two at random; one Picture Poster and one Phrase Finder.  They will each receive a little something in the post.  The lucky two are:

 and

I completed Titania, Queen of the Fairies for Rachel's Large Mirabilia Round Robin, but as she is the last block I won't show a picture here until Rachel has received her back and sees her for herself.

I also made a nice new start, you know what it's like when you finish a piece you have been OAAT on for over a month, you're a little lost as to what to start first!  So I chose a fairly small piece from the JCS Hallowe'en Ornie Special, an owl.  Here is my huge progress so far:


Impressive, huh?

I also have a new button on my side bar featuring a sweet little Spanish Hobbit.  I discovered this challenge by chance.  To celebrate the release of the second Hobbit film on 13th December Crochettes is hosting a challenge to produce something related to Tolkein, not just the Hobbit but the whole realm of Tolkeinness, not just cross stitch but anything arty or crafty.  I have found a great chart already and have been busy charting some runes out.  I used to be able to read and write runes almost as easily as French or German (which says more about how poor my French and German were!) and it does come back to you quite quickly even 30 years later.  So if you'd like to join in, click on the Hobbit and he will take you there!


Finally, it is time to start looking forward to the next Blog Hop - the Advent Calendar.  Shebafudge's favourite event of the year!  As in previous years there will be 24 doors posted on my blog.  Each person who signs up will be allocated a date, on that date they must post a photo of something Festive they have stitched, either in the past or this year.  I will then copy the photo across to my post and by Christmas Eve we will have 24 Open Doors each linked to a different blog.  Last year I had more than 24 people so we had some Double Days which was great.  To take part please email me letting me know if there is a date you prefer or wish to avoid.  


16 comments:

Julie said...

Congratulations to the winners, it was fun and nice to find some new to me blogs too.

Looking forward to seeing your 'hobbit' piece.

lanybleu said...

You have made my day, was great fun to see all those fantastic blogs.
Good luck with the Hobbit piece, cant wait to see how it goes. x

Vickie said...

ooOoo! The Hobbit thing looks fun, I just cannot. I have too much to accomplish in 46 days!!! I would love to be included in the Advent Event though please. =)

Linda said...

Congrats to the winners and to you for finishing your RR piece.

Linda

Christine said...

Oh, I am off to check out the hobbit thing now!

stitchersanon said...

Well done on your finish! I would love to take part in the Advent Calandar blog hop! Sounds fun!

Anonymous said...

lots of congrats to the winners!
I loved the Halloween blog hop, thank you Big Boy for picking a funny phrase.
that Hobbit Channelge sounds fantastic, I don't know if I have time for that too but I'll surely check it out and add it to my Reader.
your new start is, indeed, impressive. :D
I'm emailing you about the Advent Calendar. I already have one from Lego, one for BaBa - why shouldn't I join a stitchy one?! :D

Mouse said...

oooo well done to the winners ... and love the phrase ..lol
impressive new start too heheheh and bob my name down for the Christmas one ... should be ok for any day at least I do have some Christmas stitching ..lol love mouse xxxxx
ps good luck with the Tolkien :)

Anonymous said...

Jo,
Congratulations to both winners!

Your start on the owl looks like a start. lol. Seriously it looks great.

I can't wait to see what you have designed for this Tolkeinness. What a cool idea for a challenge.

I did have fun with the Halloween Blog Hop. I want to sign up for the Advent Calendar. I will send you an email now.

Have a great stitching day!

EvalinaMaria said...

Congratulations to winners and thank you for hosting this blog-hop. I'm looking forward to the next one. Hugs.

Aurelia Eglantine said...

The Hallowe'en Hop was fabulous fun, thanks so much for hosting! Congratulations to the winners :) I'd love to join up for Advent, will send you an e-mail ;)

Kaisievic said...

Lots of fun as always, Jo, thanks for hosting and, of course, count me in for the Advent calendar!

Astrids dragon said...

What fun, congrats to the winners!

How's your owl coming along?

Please count me in for the Advent Calendar, something to look forward to!

Jan Gartlan said...

Congrats to the winners! It was fun to be a photo poster. Please count me in for the Advent Calendar preferably after December 13th. There is craziness in my household prior to that in December associated with having school end of year functions.

♥ Nia said...

Congrats to the lucky winners :D

Shebafudge said...

Woohooooooo, the Advent Calendar blog hop. YOU HAVE SIGNED ME UP, HAVEN'T YOU?